2005 Climbing Meets List
The following list should give you some idea of the official climbing activities of the Club during 2005. All Transport arrangements will be sorted out at the pub meet proceeding the trip. If you are unable to attend the pub please telephone or e-mail the Climbing Secretary, before the Monday pub meet.
- 22-3 Jan. 2005, Lakes. Barrow Mountaineering and Ski Club Hut in Coniston (Coppermines Cottage GRID SD 289986). 16 places available (for nights of Fri. 21 & Sat. 22 Jan.).
- Feb., Scotland. Accommodation booked for Thurs. 24 Feb.-Sun. 28 Feb. inclusive. Inchree Centre, Onich, Fort William; GRID REF 0204633 (OS 41); http://www.hostel-scotland.com/; just 16 places available, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Easter (25-8 March): Cornwall, caravans or camping (Sennen)
- 16-17 April: Peak (venue TBC)
- 30 April-2 May: Pembroke (St Petrox)
- 28-30 May: Lakes (venue TBC)
- 25-6 June: Anglesey (camping & BBQ at Rhoscolyn)
- 23-24 July: Chew Valley
- 27-29 August (Bank Holiday Weekend): Pembroke (St Petrox)
- 23-24 Sept.: North Wales, Llanberis (camping at Snowden House, Nant Peris).
- 29-30 October: Dinner Meet (see social meets below)
- 26-7 Nov: Avon/Cheddar (camping at Cleeve Caravan & Camping Site)
- 17-18 Dec: North Wales (Clogwyn MC Hut GR SH619428)
- 27-8 Jan. 2006: Newlands Valley, Lakes (Carlisle MC hut: GR 229177)
- 23-7 Feb. 2006: SCOTLAND (Inchree Centre: 14 places available).
2005 Caving Meets List
The following list should give you some idea of the official caving activities of the Club during 2005. All Transport arrangements will be sorted out at the pub meet proceeding the trip. If you are unable to attend the pub please telephone or E-mail the Caving Secretary, before the Monday pub meet.
- January 29th to 30th, South Wales (SWCC) Accommodation: South Wales Caving Club, 1-10 Powell St, Penwyllt, Pen-y-Cae, Swansea SA9 1GQ Ogof Ffynnon Ddu, Grade 2-4, Length: 50km, Depth: 308m (Max of 6 inc. leader per leader)
- February 12th to 13th, Mendips Accommodation: Wessex Caving Club, East Water Lane, Pridy, Somerset
- March 25th to 28th, Easter, Devon Accommodation: Devon Speleological Society, 11 Crest Hill, Buckfastleigh, Devon, TQ11 0AN Caves available: Afton Red Rift, Baker’s Pit, Pridhamsleigh cavern, Dog Hole
- April 16th to 17th, South Wales (SWCC) Accommodation: South Wales Caving Club, 1-10 Powell St, Penwyllt, Pen-y-Cae, Swansea SA9 1GQ Ogof Ffynnon Ddu, Grade 2-4, Length: 50km, Depth: 308m (Max of 6 inc. leader per leader)
- May 14th to 15th, Yorkshire Accommodation: Red Rose Cave & Pothole Club, Bullpot Farm, High Casterton, Via Carnforth, Lancashire LA6 2JP
- June 11th to 12th, South Wales (Llangattock) Accommodation: Chelsea Speleological Society, Whitewalls, The Hillside, Llangattock, Powys, NP8 1LG Permit: Agen Allwedd, Llangattock, Grade 3/5, Length 32km, (MAX of 8 in Party)
- July 9th to 10th, SWCC South Wales
- August 6th to 7th,
- September 3rd to 4th, YSS Hut, Helwith Bridge, Yorkshire
- October 8th to October 15th, Club Expedition (probably France)
- October 29th to 30th, Dinner Meet (see social meets below)
- November 12th to 13th, Derbyshire TSG Chapel, Castleton, on the A625 between two bad bends, opposite primary school
- December 10th to 11th,
- December 23rd to 27th or longer, Christmas caving
Pub and Social Meets
We now meet every Monday at approximately 9.30 pm (except Bank Holidays when there is usually an away trip), the venue is the “The Castle”, Castle Hill, Cambridge. Parking is available in the car park of the Shire Hall just up the road from the Castle. Various arrangements for club trips including car sharing arrangements are usually made on the Monday before the trip. If you cannot attend on this day please make direct contact with the climbing or the caving secretary.
- May 23rd to 28th Cambridge beer festival
- Strawberry fair
- July 28th to 31st, Cambridge Folk Festival
- October 29th to 30th, Dinner Meet, Station Inn, Ribblehead, Yorkshire