Membership Rates 2017
Current subs are set as follows:
Full year (January to December)
- £24.00 climbing
- £34.00 climbing and caving (or £19.50 for members of multiple caving clubs)
Half-year (July to December)
- £14.00 climbing
- £19.00 climbing and caving
Once you’re a member:
- You can go on official club trips.
- You get added to the club mailing list, which is used to organize official club trips and also sometimes by members organizing unofficial trips of their own.
You also get membership of the BMC and the BCA (this is where the subs go!), which between them give you, among other things:
- Access to a large network of climbing and caving huts.
- Access to subsidized training courses.
- Discounts in most outdoors shops.
- A copy of the BMC’s exciting Summit magazine.
- 3rd party insurance for climbing and caving (caving members only) or for climbing and “surface caving activities” (climbing members).
Your BMC and BCA membership also helps to support the important access, safety and conservation work that those organizations do.
Even before you’ve joined, you can still:
- Come and climb with us at indoor walls as often as you like (and go to the pub afterwards).
- Come and meet people at a club social.
- Go on your first caving trip.
- Join the club Facebook group.
- Go on unofficially organized climbing trips (assuming that the person organizing it is happy to have you along).
We’d definitely recommend coming along to the wall, the pub, or a social to get an idea of what the club is like and whether it suits you before you stump up your hard earned cash! In fact, plenty of people climb with us indoors every week and don’t actually join officially until they want to go on a trip. This is particularly true in Autumn, when we don’t have many trips left before the end of the membership year.
How To Join
If you’ve decided that you do want to join, fill in the form here and then click submit. At some point later you should get an email explaining how to pay subs – this relies on someone checking their email, so don’t expect it to be instantaneous! Once you’ve done that, you’ll be added to the membership database and the email list.